Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Lost Voices (Lost Voices, #1)Lost Voices by Sarah Porter

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Mermaids have always amazed me; something about them is very appealing and magical. This book was very unique in its own ways. First of all, while growing up I had this imagination of this blissful mermaid like Ariel from the little mermaid. This book changed my views on mermaids.



Mermaids in this book are like roses. Roses take time to grow and goes through plenty of difficult process to become what they are. They are similar to the women in this novel that transformed to mermaids because all of them went through this complicated path and soon became as wonderful and striking as a rose but, like a rose, they had thorns, and it lives inside their hearts.

This is what caught my attention. It made me wonder, if I were in their shoes would I hate the same kind of people who hurt me beyond compare or would I fight my nature?



This book taught me several of lessons and inspired me in many ways. It was a book filled with helpless but strong women that poured out raw emotions that I felt while reading the book.



Sarah Porter delivered a book that was compellingly beautiful, and had such detail that made me feel like I was there; I was Luce witnessing everything in front of my eyes. I was glad to have read this. I just wish the ending wasn’t as mysterious as it is; it left me questioning plenty of things and felt confused. It was if something was missing. Other than that, this book is an amazing read and I do recommend this.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment