Thursday, February 10, 2011

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I've always been interested in nephilims, like half angels and half human. I don’t know something about them really fascinated me. The books that I usually read that involved nephilims are usually about fallen angels. I’m glad I was able to pick this book up and see a unique story about them. I also like that it involved almost all the mythical creatures that I loved such as vampires, werewolves, and faeries that let the book have the kind of magic I always look for in a book. At first, I was really confused because there were mythical creature involved terms in the book that I didn’t understand. Also, there were a few hard words that I haven't heard of in my life and yes, that includes my lit class. Nonetheless, once I was able to grasp those words and understand it, I was able to finally understand what was going on. I thought that the story was full of wonders and it had so much twist and turns that I’ve got to admit surprised me so much that it lead me to swear more than a girl PMSing. Overall, it was an amazing book, but I hated the ending so much I wanted to bang my head against a table again and again because of an unexpected twist of event. Hopefully the second book or third shows some sort of error with what happened so, I could keep my sanity intact.



View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Cool, Haven't read this one yet, it's on my shelf, :o)

    Nice, blog

    ReplyDelete