Tuesday, May 31, 2011

paranormalcy book review



summary:
Evie’s always thought of herself as a normal teenager, even though she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she’s falling for a shape-shifter, and she’s the only person who can see through paranormals’ glamours.

But Evie’s about to realize that she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

So much for normal.

REVIEW:

Everyone around me just kept on saying READ PARANORMALCY! READ IT! (Umm yeah) So guess what I did? I ignored them haha. I’m the type of person not to fall into peer pressure, then I saw it in barnes and noble while looking for books and it had a pretty book cover, I was pretty sure my eyes were sparkling when I saw it, but then this person came up to me and talked about how amazing it is and how I should read it (not kidding!) so of course, being the person who doesn’t like when people force me to do something I ignored that person and walked away. Then, I went to goodreads and guess what? I saw it again…I mean I love paranormal stuff I mean just take a look at my blog! But I just kept seeing it everywhere, it was like Hannah Montana or Justin bieber in book form and I didn’t want paranormalcy to become another twilight experience (if you know what I mean) so I ignored it, but I guess I ended up giving in I mean, I’m writing this review after all. Part of the reason why is for my blog , but most of the reason is because of its appealing summary and the wonderful cover. After reading the book, I’m glad I ended up giving in to peer preassure. Paranormalcy was definitely worth my time and deserved all it’s hype.

The characters were amazing. I don’t recall any character that I thought was stereotypical, from the main characters to the other supporting ones. The main character Evie, is so cute and spunky. (Which I LOVE!!!) She’s definitely not the bella type. She can definitely kick-ass, which is awesome! Lend, I liked him, but not much of a fan. I think that Kiersten White could’ve made him stronger like physically because I felt like he was a damsel in distress in some parts. (Sorry lend fans, just stating my opinion please do not chase me with a chainsaw XP, I love my life, don’t want to die yet) Reth, I feel is really creepy like I don’t even know, I just felt like I’m going to wake up and see him beside me and say “Hi, my love” I don’t even know, he scares the crap out of me. but at least he wasn’t the stereotypical I saw you for the first time ,fell in love, and now I’m going to die for you type, which makes me appreciate him a little more.

Kiersten White definitely showed me her sense of humor throughout the book. I couldn’t help but turn the page like some crazy maniac just to find out what she has in store for me. I was so engaged through out the book but then, I felt like towards the middle, I felt like it lost something or maybe, that’s not even it, I felt like it was missing some sort of element to it, the certain element that can make it even more breath-taking than it is, maybe it was the action or me adjusting to it’s uniqueness. I’m not really sure, but nonetheless, despite me feeling that it lacked something, I still loved the book. I’m not kidding, I do, and I’m looking forward for what Supernaturally has in store for me. I highly recommend this book to you, and I’m pretty sure you won’t be disappointed.

overall rating 3.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment