Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Iron Queen


Summary:
My name is Meghan Chase.

I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it.

This time, there will be no turning back.

Review:
The Iron King series surely had come a long way. I remember the first time I picked up the first Iron King book. I was entranced by the cover and the story; it immediately captivated me from the first page. I never ever thought that there would be a better book than the first one and then came Iron daughter. I was nervous because there’s this epidemic going around with books. Don’t you just hate when books goes from good to a complete mess? Yeah that’s basically what the epidemic is. I am happy to say that the second book didn’t made me want to vomit, in fact it was much better than the first book, so that lead me to the third. I had really high expectations for this one and it met all my expectations and I’m pleased to say it left me breathless and wanting for more.

I loved how Julie Kagawa developed her characters. Starting off with Meghan, she definitely became more independent and strong as a person and I loved that. Puck, I love Puck. I am slightly disappointed she didn’t end up with him because well, he’s always been there for her, and really guys? Who doesn’t love a fun, mischievous, loyal guy who would give up everything for the girl he loves to be happy? If you do, there is seriously something wrong with you. Ash, I have to admit I was slightly piss off with ash in Iron daughter but he definitely stepped up his game and sorry puck but I think Ash is better off with Megan.(yes! I said it, sorry team puck fans I’m a traitor) you could see their passion for each other as chapters pass. Anyways, let’s move on to my most favored character in the book, Grim. I just love him, His intelligence and the sarcastic tone he has is quite adorable and it captures my heart. I love how he acts like he doesn’t care about anything, when in reality he does. He’s been in every adventure Meghan has been. The new characters had interesting personalities too and I’m excited to learn more about them in Ash’s story the Iron Prince.


Iron Queen was never boring and it flowed really well. Everything was just well organized and put together from the first two books. I could tell that Julie Kagawa worked really hard to make this happen. I am so glad to be able to be one of her readers/fan. She has become one of my favorite authors ever and I am definitely looking forward for her future works especially the Iron Knight, Ash’s story. <3 I recommend her series to you, because I’m quite sure that you won’t be disappointed.

Overall rating: 5/5 of course :D

No comments:

Post a Comment