Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Catching Fire



Summary: Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark won the annual competition described in Hunger Games, but the aftermath leaves these victors with no sense of triumph. Instead, they have become the poster boys for a rebellion that they never planned to lead. That new, unwanted status puts them in the bull's-eye for merciless revenge by The Capitol.

Review:
If Hunger games left me breathless, Catching fire left me rolling on the floor hyperventilating like a crazy woman.
I had such high hopes for this book just because the first book, Hunger games was so good, that I was a loss for words. It's really bad for me to have such high hopes because usually that leads me into becoming disappointed if my expectations are not met.
I was glad that Suzanne Collins didn't disappoint my expectations and if anything, she exceeded it.

Based on some of the book reviews I read. People didn't seem to like the twist and turns Suzanne Collins put throughout the book, I on the other hand loved them, just because it kept me off guard and it surprised me. I love when authors put unpredictable moments because it keeps me interested, wondering what's going to happen next.

I loved that the characters in catching fire didn’t have a flat character. I like the dimension Suzanne put in each and every single one of them, the flaw that made them into a realistic and relatable character. Katniss Everdeen was one of the characters I admired and at the same time I could relate to. She had characteristics that I have and wished I did.

This book taught me plenty of lessons like happiness doesn’t always come from materialistic things, how one little thing can make a big difference, and what freedom really means. I can't wait for Suzanne’s Mockingjay, especially after that cliff-hanger Suzanne put in that is keeping me on the edge because of a few uncertainties that's currently killing me. If you haven’t read Hunger games, you’re missing out on something wonderful and extraordinary. This book didn’t cause such a big hype for no reason.

rating: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment